In the countryside near Setubal, a colourful fishermen town. Setubal is a bay on the Atlantic coast. Only 35 minutes from Lisbon airport. Sende 2 is being built under the shade of cork and oak trees. Only 20 minutes from the closest beach.
We are rebuilding one house that will be used as the first coworking space and the kitchen.
At the same time, we are planning to build spaces to work under the trees. There is almost 3ha of the land. Pretty big.
Also, there is plan to build an open-air tool-workshop where we draw, build anything, and experiment (together).
Even though Covid-19 slowed down the building process, we managed to bring electrictiy, water (huge team effort), and fiber optics (fast internet connection). We have already built the building with a communal toilet.
– At the moment we are busy launching villagenomads.com.This is our new online program that deconstructs jobs of digital nomads for you.
– We are also getting to know neighbours and local community.
– Building crowdfunding project for our new space in Portugal.
It will be open to anyone who wants to work on their own project while coworking and coliving. Only “problem” is that spaces are going to be very limited. As we are creating a crowdfunding project, during the first years most of the visitors will be coming through this crowdfunding support.
We are are designing special kind of stay where you will get involved in real life challenges while solving difficult problems with creative people.We will connect digital nomads’s skills with specific rural challenges from all over the world.You will directly work on the project that could save or improve lives of people you will even get to meet afterwards. You will work on your own project of course, but you will also get involved in helping communities.
While rebuilding Sende, we are also planning first events:
1. Training on Alternative narratives, together with Youth Peace Ambassadors Network. From 21st to 29th of October and people from more than 10 countries will be coming to Portugal.
2. Meetups with entrepreneurship community of Setubal
3. Creativity programes with professors from Setubal, together with our team members experienced in social education. (Planning, not confirmed yet)
If you want to reach out to us, just message us on Instagram or via firstname.lastname@example.org or just come to Sende Spain. To find out about our Portuguese space, opening dates, and details please join the mailing list.